Smoked fish pasta bake
(at time of publication)
- 250g wholewheat pasta spirals
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 310g can smoked fish fillets (we used Sealord)
- 3 cups sweet corn sweetcornXand peas (frozen or fresh)
- 300g cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup trim milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX or baby spinach, to serve
- chilli flakes, to serve, optional
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook pasta according to packet directions until al dente. Drain and place in an ovenproof baking dish.
2 In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and oregano and cook until onion softens. Add to pasta along with remaining bake ingredients. Mix.
3 Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Stir sauce through pasta then bake for 10–15 minutes. Serve with rocket sprinkled with chilli, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check smoked fish and mustard are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information