Smoked fish pasta bake
- 250g wholewheat pasta spirals
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 310g can smoked fish fillets (we used Sealord)
- 3 cups sweet corn sweetcornXand peas (frozen or fresh)
- 300g cottage cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoons mustard
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX or baby spinach, to serve
- chilli flakes, to serve, optional
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook pasta according to packet directions until al dente. Drain and place in an ovenproof baking dish.
2 In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and oregano and cook until onion softens. Add to pasta along with remaining bake ingredients. Mix.
3 Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Stir sauce through pasta then bake for 10–15 minutes. Serve with rocket sprinkled with chilli, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check smoked fish and mustard are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like