Smoked salmon salad with creamy citrus dressing
Time to make: 30 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 240g salmon fillets, pin-boned
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/2 orange, juice
- 2-3 tablespoons reduced-fat crème fraiche
- 1 1/2 oranges, flesh, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 baby radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls watercress
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Sprinkle brown sugar, salt and pepper on salmon (flesh side).
2 To set up the smoker, line a wok or deep frying pan with tinfoil. Place a tablespoon of woodchips inside then place a cake rack on top to fit inside the wok/frying pan. Place salmon on rack, cover tightly with tinfoil and place lid on top. Place smoker on top of element over a high heat. Smoke for 4-5 minutes.
3 To make creamy citrus dressing, mix sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, orange juice and crème fraiche. Just before serving, toss dressing with orange, avocado, radishes and watercress.
4 Pile salad on a plate and top with hot salmon to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sweet chilli sauce.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us