Spanish eggReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- ¼ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ¼ red capsicum, deseeded, diced or 2 tablespoons diced peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- 2 small cooked potatoes, sliced
- ½ x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 95g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden coriandercilantroX or basil paste
- 1 egg
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook onions and capsicum until softened and starting to brown.
2 Add potatoes to pan. Cook for a few minutes.
3 Add tomatoes, tuna and paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
4 Spoon mixture into an ovenproof dish. Make a hollow in the centre and break egg into the hollow. Cook for 20 minutes. Serve immediately with lightly cooked spinach and garnished with fresh parsley.
Store the remaining pepper and onion in an airtight bag in the fridge for future use: add to Country chicken soup, a mixed green salad or a pasta dish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information