Mushroom noodle stir-fry with fried egg
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 200g packets pad Thai noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 300g mixed mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ground white pepper, to season
- small handful fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
- 2 fried eggs, to serve
- In a large bowl, add noodles and cover with boiling water. Set aside 5 minutes, then drain.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat peanut oil over a high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender and most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and rice vinegar. Continue to cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Season with white pepper and stir through coriander.
- Serve topped with remaining coriander, chilli and an egg.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and check noodles are vegan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us