Speedy salmon spaghetti with green leaf sauce
- 300g spaghetti pasta
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups spinach
- 2 ½ cups lettuce and/or rocketarugulaX
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon or mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 2 x 210g cans pink salmon
- ⅓ cup low-fat crème fraîche
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 cup canned chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
1 Cook spaghetti following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until softened.
2 Add spinach and lettuce (press down) with tarragon, 1/2 cup water and stock powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3 Break salmon in chunks. Place lettuce mix in a blender and process until smooth. Return to pan and stir in crème fraÎche. Add salmon, capsicum, corn and chickpeas and heat through.
4 Drain cooked spaghetti and place in a large serving bowl. Pour over salmon lettuce sauce and toss to coat spaghetti. Season with black pepper and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check stock powder is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us