Speedy salmon spaghetti with green leaf sauce
- 300g spaghetti pasta
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups spinach
- 2 ½ cups lettuce and/or rocketarugulaX
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon or mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 2 x 210g cans pink salmon
- ⅓ cup low-fat crème fraîche
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 cup canned chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
1 Cook spaghetti following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook until softened.
2 Add spinach and lettuce (press down) with tarragon, 1/2 cup water and stock powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3 Break salmon in chunks. Place lettuce mix in a blender and process until smooth. Return to pan and stir in crème fraÎche. Add salmon, capsicum, corn and chickpeas and heat through.
4 Drain cooked spaghetti and place in a large serving bowl. Pour over salmon lettuce sauce and toss to coat spaghetti. Season with black pepper and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check stock powder is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like