Spiced pumpkin soup with roasted pumpkin seeds
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a moderate heat. Cook onion and chilli for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
2 Add pumpkin and beans. Stir to coat. Add stock and 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
3 Meanwhile, place pumpkin seeds on a tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes or until toasted.
4 Use a stick blender or food processor to blend soup until smooth. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and coriander and serve with toast on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
Make it vegan: Use vegan bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)