Spicy calamari with spaghetti
- 500g pack Shore Mariner Calamari Squid Rings, defrosted
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small green chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g spaghetti pasta
- spray oil
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
1 Place spaghetti on to cook in a large pan of boiling water. Meanwhile, place squid in a large bowl and toss with chilli flakes, salt and peppercorns.
2 Place parsley, onions, chilli and juice in a processor and mix until chopped finely. Add to squid and toss. Drain spaghetti once tender and place in a serving bowl.
3 Heat barbecue, griddle or a non-stick pan to high and spray with a little oil. Cook squid very quickly for 1-2 minutes.
4 Add to spaghetti with tomatoes and rocket. Toss lightly. Serve immediately garnished with lemon wedges if you prefer.
- Replace black peppercorns with coloured ones for variation.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like