Spicy kumara wedges with black bean salsa
(at time of publication)
- 420g can black beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lime, rind and juice
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 kumarasweet-potatoX (about 1kg), peeled, cut in chunky wedges
- cooking spray oil
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Put salsa ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well, then refrigerate.
2 In a bowl, mix paprika, cumin, pepper, oregano and sesame seeds. Place kumara in a separate bowl. Spray with oil, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and spice mix. Combine until well coated.
3 Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp. Serve with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.
The wedges can be grilled on the barbecue, and the salsa can be made ahead to let the flavours develop.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.