Spicy meatballs with roasted tomatoes and tzatziki
- 250g lean beef mince
- ½ cup wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons red harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cucumber, grated, excess water removed
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- To serve
- 4 mini wholemeal pita breads
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. To make meatballs, in a medium-sized bowl mix all meatball ingredients (except cherry tomatoes and oil). By rolling mixture in the palm of your hand, shape into small teaspoon-sized meatballs.
2 Place in an ovenproof baking dish, scatter with cherry tomatoes and spray with a little oil.
3 Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until brown on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
4 To make tzatziki, place listed ingredients in a small bowl and combine. To serve toast pita pockets and stuff with meatballs, roasted tomatoes, salad greens and a dollop of tzatziki.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 2g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs, sweet chilli sauce, harissa paste, reduced-fat sour cream and bread.
Meatballs with pita pockets are also a great take-to-work lunch.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us