(at time of publication)
- For the dough
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup trim milk
- For the filling
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated potato
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 120g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
1 In a bowl, sift flour and salt. Add oil and mix well. Gradually add milk and start kneading the dough. Continue kneading for 4-5 minutes until dough is soft and elastic. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest while you prepare the filling.
2 Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
3 Add mince, red cabbage, carrot and potato and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring to break up the mince.
4 Add chilli powder, coriander and pepper; stir to combine.
5 Reduce heat to low, add salt, lemon juice and garam masala and cook for 5 minutes.
6 . Remove from heat; add tomato, spring onions and spinach and set aside.
7 To assemble, divide dough into 8 equal portions, and form into balls. Roll out each dough ball to a circle of around 20cm diameter. Top each with 120g of the filling. Brush edges with a little water, then fold the sides in to form an envelope around the mix.
8 Heat a large heavy-based pan over a high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook the stuffed roti in batches for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.
9 Serve with minted yoghurt.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check ground spices are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us