- For the dough
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup skim milk
- For the filling
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g lean lamb mince
- 1 cup finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated potato
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup finely chopped tomato
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 120g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- olive spray oil
- ½ cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
1 In a bowl, sift flour and salt. Add oil and mix well. Gradually add milk and start kneading the dough. Continue kneading for 4-5 minutes until dough is soft and elastic. Wrap in cling film and allow to rest while you prepare the filling.
2 Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add onion, chilli, ginger and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
3 Add mince, red cabbage, carrot and potato and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring to break up the mince.
4 Add chilli powder, coriander and pepper; stir to combine.
5 Reduce heat to low, add salt, lemon juice and garam masala and cook for 5 minutes.
6 . Remove from heat; add tomato, spring onions and spinach and set aside.
7 To assemble, divide dough into 8 equal portions, and form into balls. Roll out each dough ball to a circle of around 20cm diameter. Top each with 120g of the filling. Brush edges with a little water, then fold the sides in to form an envelope around the mix.
8 Heat a large heavy-based pan over a high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook the stuffed roti in batches for 4-5 minutes each side until golden.
9 Serve with minted yoghurt.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like