Steak with tomato relish on mustard mash
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 4 x 125g fillet steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 x 200g punnets cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- 600g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- ¼ cup warm trim milk
- oil spray
1 Combine balsamic, garlic and mustard in a non-metallic bowl. Add steaks, stir to coat, cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
2 Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place tomatoes on tray. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool slightly. Combine with parsley, pine nuts and extra balsamic in a bowl. Season with black pepper.
3 Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain then return to saucepan with milk. Mash until smooth. Stir through extra mustard.
4 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove, cover loosely with tinfoil and set aside to rest for 2-3 minutes. Serve steak on mustard mash with tomato relish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us