Stir-fried beef and beans with noodles
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons castor sugar
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400g rump steak, trimmed, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 3 cups (350g) green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil
1 Place oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, chicken stock and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
2 Prepare noodles following packet directions. Set aside.
3 Heat half the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add beef. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside. Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beans. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add beef, noodles and sauce. Toss to combine. Cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
4 Stir through basil. Divide among bowls. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us