Tasty prawn fried rice
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavoured rice bran oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups broccoslaw mix, without dressing (or use chopped carrot, cabbage and broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen prawns
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Heat garlic oil in a large pan or wok. Add onion and cook until softened. Add broccoslaw and stir-fry until vegetables are slightly softened.
2 Add cashews and prawns. Stir-fry until prawns start to colour.
3 Add rice, ginger and chilli. Stir to combine. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry until rice is hot and everything is well combined. Serve garnished with coriander, bean sprouts or kaffir lime leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Buy frozen prawns when they’re on special and keep them on hand to make a meal when there’s not much else in the house.