Japanese teriyaki fish
- 500g firm white fish, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 400g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, courgette, onion, red capsicum, snow peas)
- 3 cups button mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice, heated as directed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice seasoning (see tips)
- lemon wedges, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 In a bowl, place fish pieces and teriyaki sauce. Stand for 5 minutes.
2 Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add fish and marinade and cook for 4 minutes, or until fish is opaque and cooked through. Remove fish from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
3 Reheat the pan, add vegetables, mushrooms and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until veges are tender.
4 In a bowl, combine rice, rice wine vinegar and rice seasoning.
5 Divide rice among 4 plates and top with vegetables and fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check teriyaki sauce and stock are gluten free.
You can buy rice seasoning from supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.