Japanese teriyaki fish
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g firm white fish, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 400g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, courgette, onion, red capsicum, snow peas)
- 3 cups trimmed, halved button mushrooms
- ½ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice, heated as directed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice seasoning (see tips)
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a bowl, place fish pieces and teriyaki sauce. Stand for 5 minutes.
2 Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add fish and marinade and cook for 4 minutes, or until fish is opaque and cooked through. Remove fish from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
3 Reheat the pan, add vegetables, mushrooms and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until veges are tender.
4 In a bowl, combine rice, rice wine vinegar and rice seasoning.
5 Divide rice among 4 plates and top with vegetables and fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check teriyaki sauce and stock are gluten free.
You can buy rice seasoning from supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.