Japanese teriyaki fish
- 500g firm white fish, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 400g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables (such as carrots, broccoli, courgette, onion, red capsicum, snow peas)
- 3 cups trimmed, halved button mushrooms
- ½ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 x 250g pouches steamed brown rice, heated as directed
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice seasoning (see tips)
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 In a bowl, place fish pieces and teriyaki sauce. Stand for 5 minutes.
2 Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add fish and marinade and cook for 4 minutes, or until fish is opaque and cooked through. Remove fish from the pan. Cover to keep warm.
3 Reheat the pan, add vegetables, mushrooms and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, or until veges are tender.
4 In a bowl, combine rice, rice wine vinegar and rice seasoning.
5 Divide rice among 4 plates and top with vegetables and fish. Serve with lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check teriyaki sauce and stock are gluten free.
You can buy rice seasoning from supermarkets and Asian grocery stores.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us