Thai chicken en papillote
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup shredded bok choy
- 350g skinless boneless chicken breasts, chopped in chunks
- ¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 4 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 x 250g sachets quick-to-cook brown basmati rice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
1 Take 4 squares of baking paper and place bok choy onto each. Place chicken pieces on top. Place portions in a microwave-proof dish.
2 In a small bowl combine the remaining 4 ingredients and drizzle on top of chicken.
3 Wrap paper tightly. Pierce top of paper a couple of times and cook in microwave on full power for 3-4 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through. Leave to stand for a couple of minutes.
4 Cook vegetables and rice following packet directions in microwave.
5 Place chicken on top of rice and scatter with coriander. Serve with vegetables and garnish with a lime wedge if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and make sure fish sauce is gluten free.
Microwave cooking tips
- Always check cooking dishes are suitable for use in the microwave. Pyrex works well.
- Testing dishes for microwave cooking: Place a glass of water and the dish to test in the microwave. Cook on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the dish and glass from microwave. Test the water with your finger. Warm water and a cool dish means the dish will be safe for microwave use. Cool water and a warm or hot dish mean that the dish is not suitable for the microwave.
- Have oven gloves ready to handle dishes after microwaving.
- Stand food for a few minutes before removing from microwave to avoid any steam and spitting.
- Getting rid of odours: Place 1-2 lemon slices in microwave in a small bowl of water. Heat on full power for 1 minute then leave in microwave for 5 minutes to allow odours to be absorbed into the water.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us