- 300g firm tofu, thickly sliced
- spray oil
- ½ onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 thumb ginger, peeled, sliced thin
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 3–4 tablespoons vegetarian laksa paste, or your favourite curry paste
- ½ x 400ml can light coconut milk
- 2 ½ cups homemade vegetable stock (made from boiling vegetable trimmings, then straining)
- ½ small savoy cabbage
- 300g bok choy, sliced lengthwise
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, diced
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- boiling water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce, to season
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, to serve
- ¼ cup peanuts, to serve
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium and fry tofu until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large pan with oil and place over medium heat. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon and star anise for 5 minutes. Add laksa paste and cook for 1 minute until aromatic. Add coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to simmer. Add veges and cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl cover noodles with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Taste laksa soup and add soy sauce to season. Add eggs and lemon juice.
- Drain noodles and divide among 4 bowls. Pour in laksa soup. Add tofu and stir. Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu, laksa paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Omit eggs and use a vegan laksa or curry paste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like