Tasty chicken and pumpkin stew
(at time of publication)
- spray olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (or more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 600g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into cubes
- 2 cups, peeled and cubed pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- juice of ½ lemon or lime
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a spray of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook onions and garlic until onion is soft but not browned. Add the spices, stir to combine and cook for another couple of minutes.
2 Add the chicken, apple, pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes. Remove lid and simmer for 10 minutes more or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
3 Squeeze in lemon or lime juice. Serve with couscous or rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.