Chicken and prawn fried rice
- oil spray
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g chicken breast fillet, sliced
- 200g peeled raw prawns
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g packet frozen veges, heated
- 2 cups cold cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced
- soy sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- 1 spring onion, sliced
1 Place a wok over a high heat and spray with a little oil. Add eggs and swirl to coat wok. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Transfer to a chopping board, roll up and thinly slice. Reserve.
2 Reheat wok and re-spray with oil. Combine chicken, prawns, hoisin sauce and garlic. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Add heated vegetables, rice and soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until rice is heated through (add 2 tablespoons of hot water if necessary to help with heating through). Stir through coriander. Serve topped with spring onion and a few coriander sprigs.
Makeover! You save…
5g total fat
1 vege serve
What we did
- Reduced oil by using oil spray
- Doubled the veges
- Used basmati rice: it has a lower glycaemic index (GI)
- Used salt-reduced soy sauce
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy and hoisen sauces.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us