Thai fish cakes
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 400g white fish fillets (eg. tarakihi)
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 4 cups cooked potato, mashed
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds and/or sesame seeds
- vinaigrette made with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar
1 Heat a non-stick fry pan with spray oil. When hot add yellow curry paste and let it simmer for a few seconds, then add the fish and fry until cooked through.
2 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3 Using wet hands form 12 large balls of mixture, flatten lightly to form cakes then set aside in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
4 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Fry each patty until brown and heated through.
5 Serve 3 cakes per person with the salad and light dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information