Thai fish cakes
- spray oil
- 400g white fish fillets (eg. tarakihi)
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 4 cups cooked potato, mashed
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds and/or sesame seeds
- vinaigrette made with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a non-stick fry pan with spray oil. When hot add yellow curry paste and let it simmer for a few seconds, then add the fish and fry until cooked through.
2 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3 Using wet hands form 12 large balls of mixture, flatten lightly to form cakes then set aside in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
4 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Fry each patty until brown and heated through.
5 Serve 3 cakes per person with the salad and light dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.