Thai fish cakes
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 400g white fish fillets (eg. tarakihi)
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry paste
- 4 cups cooked potato, mashed
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- ½ telegraph cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds and/or sesame seeds
- vinaigrette made with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar
1 Heat a non-stick fry pan with spray oil. When hot add yellow curry paste and let it simmer for a few seconds, then add the fish and fry until cooked through.
2 In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
3 Using wet hands form 12 large balls of mixture, flatten lightly to form cakes then set aside in fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
4 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Fry each patty until brown and heated through.
5 Serve 3 cakes per person with the salad and light dressing.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us