Tuna patty burgers
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g packet long-grain 90 second microwave rice (we used SunRice)
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cook rice following packet instructions. Allow to cool.
2 In a large bowl, combine rice, tuna, spring onions, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, capers and egg. Stir until well combined. Form mixture into 4 patties. Place on a plate and refrigerate until required.
3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray tuna patties with olive oil. Coat each patty in breadcrumbs. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light golden and heated through.
4 Place base of hamburger buns on 4 serving plates. Top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slices, tuna patty and a dollop of sauce. Top with bun lids. Serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)