Smashed pea, courgette, feta and mint toast topper
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- olive oil spray
- 1 small courgette, peeled in ribbons
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- mint leaves, torn if large
- chilli flakes
1 Cook peas and drain well. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook courgette until lightly charred.
2 Roughly mash peas with lemon juice and spread over toasted sourdough. Top with feta, mint, courgette and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
- Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese and bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us