Smashed pea, courgette, feta and mint toast topper
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- olive spray oil
- 1 small courgette, peeled in ribbons
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- mint leaves, torn if large
- chilli flakes
1 Cook peas and drain well. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook courgette until lightly charred.
2 Roughly mash peas with lemon juice and spread over toasted sourdough. Top with feta, mint, courgette and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
- Make it vegan: Use vegan cheese and bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.