Nutrition Info.(per serve)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
juice of 1 lime
1 avocado, mashed
400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4–1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
4 large wholegrain tortillas
1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup light sour cream, to serve
4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 1 part balsamic vinegar), to serve
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
- To make tomato salsa, in a small bowl combine tomato, red onion, coriander and half of the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine remaining lime juice and avocado. Set both bowls aside.
- In a medium bowl, place kidney beans and mash gently with a fork. Stir through spices and capsicum.
- Spread one quarter of the bean mixture over half a tortilla. Top with one quarter of the cheese and baby spinach. Fold tortilla over to cover. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place two folded tortillas in pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side, carefully flipping with a spatula halfway through, until tortillas are golden and cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining two tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and divide among 4 plates. To serve, top with tomato salsa, mashed avocado and sour cream, with salad leaves tossed in vinaigrette on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas (or wraps) and check ground spices and sour cream are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us