Beetroot burger melts with harissa couscous
Make our delicious low calorie, vegetarian beetroot burger melts with harissa couscous when you’re short on time. So easy and quick to make, on the table in 20 minutes – it sure beats takeaways!
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 ready-made beetrootbeetsX burger patties
- 4 slices (80g) haloumi cheese
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, plus extra, to garnish
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. On a baking dish lined with baking paper, place burger patties. Top each patty with a slice of haloumi. Place burgers in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and haloumi is melted.
- While burgers cook, make couscous. In a bowl, place couscous and cover with boiling water. Place a plate on top of the bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork then add harissa paste. Stir well. Add cherry tomatoes, capsicum, spinach and coriander and toss together.
- Serve burgers whole or cut in half, with couscous and garnish with extra coriander.
Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Browse hundreds of low-kilojoule recipes. Delicious low-kilojoule/calorie meal and snack ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
Author: Niki Bezzant - Editor-at-large
Photographer: Bryce Carleton2019-07-08 12:33:06
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited