Beetroot burger melts with harissa couscous
- 4 ready-made beetrootbeetsX burger patties
- 4 slices (80g) haloumi cheese
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. On a baking dish lined with baking paper, place burger patties. Top each patty with a slice of haloumi. Place burgers in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and haloumi is melted.
- While burgers cook, make couscous. In a bowl, place couscous and cover with boiling water. Place a plate on top of the bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork then add harissa paste. Stir well. Add cherry tomatoes, capsicum, spinach and coriander and toss together.
- Serve burgers whole or cut in half, with couscous and garnish with extra coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.