Spiced pumpkin soup with sour cream and chives
(at time of publication)
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 large parsnip, peeled, cut in 2cm pieces
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 420g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 ½ cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 small wholegrain rolls, toasted
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add pumpkin, parsnip, celery, beans, spices, stock and milk with boiling water. Bring mixture to the boil then reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2 Remove soup from heat and purée with a stick blender until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Top soup with sour cream and chopped chives. Serve with a wholegrain roll.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and stock are gluten free and use gluten-free bread.
Check out all our soup recipes here, or see below for pumpkin soups:
Red lentil pumpkin and tomato soup
Kumara pumpkin and chickpea soup
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.