Vegetarian butternut pumpkin chilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 butternut pumpkin, cut into chunks (or 700g packaged ready-cut chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste (or more to taste)
- 680g jar passata
- 1 very low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup red wine
- 400g can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- large handful chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus leaves to garnish
- steamed basmati rice, 3 tablespoons low-fat soured cream and lime wedges, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan with a lid over a low-medium heat. Add the onions, capsicums, celery and pumpkin and cook, covered, for 20 min.
2 Remove the lid, stir in the garlic, spices and chipotle paste and cook for 2 min. Stir in the passata, stock and wine. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down to low and simmer uncovered for 20 min. Add the beans and lentils and cook for 5–10 min to heat through.
3 Pour half the chilli into a freezer-proof container to cool before freezing. Stir the coriander into the remainder, then serve with the rice, sour cream and a grind of black pepper, garnished with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.6g
–Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 8.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.