Chilli tofu and noodle lettuce wraps
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 300g firm tofu, drained, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- ¼ red cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 150g snow peas or beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 100g brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large iceberg lettuce leaves
1 Combine cornflour and chilli flakes in a large zip-lock bag. Add tofu, seal bag and toss to coat. Remove tofu and set aside.
2 In a large bowl toss together cabbage, carrot and snow peas. In a small bowl combine lime juice, chilli, sugar and soy sauce, stirring to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
3 Cook rice noodles according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Rinse under cold running water, drain well and set aside to cool.
4 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Stir-fry tofu, in 2 batches, for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Transfer tofu to a plate lined with paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
5 Divide noodles and salad between lettuce leaves. Top with stir-fried tofu and drizzle with chilli-lime dressing. Serve lettuce wraps immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
If you can’t find limes, use packaged lime juice.
If you can’t find brown rice vermicelli noodles, just use regular vermicelli noodles.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green beans instead of snow peas.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour, tofu and soy sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us