Warm ricotta and roasted pumpkin salad
(at time of publication)
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut in thin wedges
- 1 small red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch chilli flakes
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, toasted, crumbled
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and capsicum on tray. Drizzle vegetables with oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes and oregano.
2 Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Place roasted vegetables in a salad bowl with spinach, lentils and balsamic then toss lightly. Scatter salad with walnuts and crumbled ricotta to serve.
- If you don’t have a taste for chilli, replace the flakes with crushed fennel seeds.
- Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us