Warm ricotta and roasted pumpkin salad
(at time of publication)
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut in thin wedges
- 1 small red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- pinch chilli flakes
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, toasted, crumbled
- 100g reduced-fat ricotta
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and capsicum on tray. Drizzle vegetables with oil and sprinkle with chilli flakes and oregano.
2 Bake for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Place roasted vegetables in a salad bowl with spinach, lentils and balsamic then toss lightly. Scatter salad with walnuts and crumbled ricotta to serve.
- If you don’t have a taste for chilli, replace the flakes with crushed fennel seeds.
- Make it gluten free: Check spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.