From acai to dragonfruit, more unusual fruits are now available in the freezer aisle of supermarkets.
Looking for an inexpensive and versatile way to add gut-loving fibre and disease-fighting antioxidants to meals? Try these terrific ideas!
1. Blend thawed frozen strawberries with honey, extra-virgin olive oil and a dash of vinegar to create a tangy, homemade salad dressing.
2. Stir frozen blueberries through a healthy banana bread batter before baking.
3. Blitz frozen pineapple pieces with lime juice, then freeze to make DIY sorbet.
4. Combine defrosted frozen raspberries with chia seeds, then store in the fridge as a low-sugar alternative to jam.
5. Top Sunday morning pancakes with a handful of frozen mixed berries.
6. Blend frozen banana chunks with milk and peanut butter to create a healthy and filling afternoon smoothie.
7. Make your own ‘nice cream’ by combining defrosted frozen acai puree with yoghurt.
8. Stir defrosted frozen passionfruit into soda water for a refreshing summer sip.
9. Blitz frozen mango with milk, yoghurt and unsalted macadamias to make the base of a summer smoothie bowl.
10. Make a tropical mocktail by blending up frozen coconut chunks, unsweetened pineapple juice and ice.
Use up the frozen fruit sitting in the back of the freezer with these easy and healthy recipes:
- Frozen raspberry sorbet
- Acai and berry chia puddings
- Neapolitan froyo slice
- Tropical coconut smoothie bowl
- Rainbow party pops
- Mint and mango delight