Blueberries may be small, but they’re big on nutrition. Here are great health reasons to add them to your shopping basket this spring season:
1. Gut goodness. Offering 4.4g fibre per punnet, blueberries are a smart choice if you want a healthy gut.
2. Amazing antioxidants. Blueberries get their dark blue colour from anthocyanins, an antioxidant that protects your cells from damage.
3. Hydration hero. Eighty per cent of a blueberry’s content is water. In addition to quenching your thirst, they’re a delicious way to add flavour to a glass of H2O.
4. Light & lovely. With just 243kJ (58cal) in a punnet of blueberries, tucking into this fruit is a lighter way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. Kitchen wizard. Fresh or frozen blueberries can be added to all kinds of dishes, from a brekkie bowl of muesli and yoghurt to smoothies and healthier baked desserts.
We’re giving you more ways to love your blueberries with 3 of our delicious recipes!
If you love cheesecake you'll adore these cute blueberry cheesecake jars.
Blueberry pikelets are a favourite, they are so quick and easy to make.