Roasted tomato and chicken pesto pasta
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g red lentil pasta (see tips)
- boiling water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt chicken stock powder
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed or 4 cups broccoli florets
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved, or 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- spray oil
- cracked black pepper
- 6 thin slices (50g) prosciutto, torn
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a medium-large heavy baking dish, place pasta. Pour over 2 cups of boiling water. Sprinkle over stock powder. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
2 Remove foil then add spinach, broccolini, chicken and tomatoes. Spray with oil and season with cracked black pepper. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Add prosciutto. Bake a further 10-15 minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are lightly golden.
3 Drizzle pasta bake with pesto and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Check stock powder, prosciutto and pesto are gluten free.
We used San Remo Red Lentil Pasta, but you can also use chickpea pasta, if you wish.
Did you know?
Cooked and cooled pasta is a great source of resistant starch, an important fibre for our gut health. And the fibre remains even when the pasta is reheated, so leftover pasta bake is even better the next day.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.