Angel hair pasta with pumpkin and basil pesto
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, cut in 1cm cubes
- oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 350g egg noodles or thin spaghetti
- 120g basil pesto
- 300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX, washed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place water for pasta on stove to boil.
2 Place pumpkin in a roasting dish. Spray with oil and lightly season. Roast for 15-20 minutes until soft.
3 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain then return pasta to saucepan. Add pesto, ricotta, rocket and parmesan. Toss well.
4 Gently mix through roasted pumpkin. Season to taste and serve garnished with fresh basil if preferred.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us