Angel hair pasta with pumpkin and basil pesto
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, cut in 1cm cubes
- oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 350g egg noodles or thin spaghetti
- 120g basil pesto
- 300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX, washed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place water for pasta on stove to boil.
2 Place pumpkin in a roasting dish. Spray with oil and lightly season. Roast for 15-20 minutes until soft.
3 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain then return pasta to saucepan. Add pesto, ricotta, rocket and parmesan. Toss well.
4 Gently mix through roasted pumpkin. Season to taste and serve garnished with fresh basil if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
This recipe is not suitable for those following a low-sodium diet.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us