Warm pumpkin and feta salad with hummusReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced into cubes (around 850g flesh)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- spray oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500g skinless chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups mesclun salad
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, cut in thin strips
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin hummus
- 100g feta
- fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped (optional)
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place diced pumpkin in a microwave-safe bowl with a dash of water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on high. Drain the pumpkin and spread evenly onto an oven tray with oil and pepper. Place in the oven to cook until soft and golden.
2 Preheat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for a minute before adding the chicken with a little spray oil. Cook for 5–10 minutes until the juices run clear.
3 Combine pumpkin, chicken, mesclun, capsicum and carrots in a large bowl. Add the hummus and toss through salad ingredients. Top with crumbled feta and garnish with coriander, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information