Artichoke, walnut and spinach pastaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 320g dry penne or large spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 70g walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon or 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 390g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, sliced or 225g cooked fresh globe artichokes
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach or spinach, chopped
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 40g parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan and fry garlic, onion, walnuts, lemon preserve or zest) and chilli (if using), for 5 minutes.
2 Add artichokes. Fry for a few more minutes to warm through.
3 Add cooked pasta, spinach, parsley, feta and parmesan. Turn off the heat. Toss together well.
4 Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with more parmesan if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information