Artichoke, walnut and spinach pasta
- 320g dry penne or large spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 70g walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon or 1 lemon, zest, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 390g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, sliced or 225g cooked fresh globe artichokes
- 4 large handfuls baby spinach or spinach, chopped
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 40g parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
1 Cook pasta following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan and fry garlic, onion, walnuts, lemon preserve or zest) and chilli (if using), for 5 minutes.
2 Add artichokes. Fry for a few more minutes to warm through.
3 Add cooked pasta, spinach, parsley, feta and parmesan. Turn off the heat. Toss together well.
4 Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with more parmesan if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like