Roasted kumara, lentil and broccoli salad
- 650g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm dice
- 500g broccoli, cut in florets
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray, spray with oil and season with ground black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, blanch broccoli until bright green and tender- crisp. Drain well.
3 In a large mixing bowl place kumara, broccoli and lentils. Season with ground black pepper and stir to combine.
4 In a small bowl combine yoghurt and tahini adding 1–2 tablespoons warm water to thin consistency if necessary.
5 Drizzle salad with dressing before serving.
- Try sprinkling salad with some lightly toasted sesame seeds. Add chopped fresh coriander or walnuts to boost the flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Kumara, sweet potato recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.