Roasted kumara, lentil and broccoli salad
(at time of publication)
- 650g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm dice
- 500g broccoli, cut in florets
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on tray, spray with oil and season with ground black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, blanch broccoli until bright green and tender- crisp. Drain well.
3 In a large mixing bowl place kumara, broccoli and lentils. Season with ground black pepper and stir to combine.
4 In a small bowl combine yoghurt and tahini adding 1–2 tablespoons warm water to thin consistency if necessary.
5 Drizzle salad with dressing before serving.
- Try sprinkling salad with some lightly toasted sesame seeds. Add chopped fresh coriander or walnuts to boost the flavour.
- Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information