Avocado pesto pasta with peas, asparagus and roasted tomatoes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g wholemeal pasta spirals
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups chopped asparagus or green beans
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra, to garnish
- ¼ cup torn fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Preheat oven to 140ºC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place cherry tomatoes on prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until wilted.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, following packet instructions. Add peas and asparagus for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and return to saucepan.
3 Meanwhile, in a food processor, blitz basil, parsley, pine nuts and lemon zest until finely chopped. Add peeled avocado and lemon juice along with 3-4 tablespoons of water. Process until smooth. Season generously with cracked black pepper.
4 Add avocado mixture to pasta. Toss to combine. Serve pasta topped with roasted tomatoes and extra basil leaves.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)