(at time of publication)
- 1 quantity Basic pikelets
- ¼ cup sifted cocoa powder
- ¼ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- drizzle chocolate-flavoured topping (optional), to serve
- banana, chopped in small pieces (optional), to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Sift flours and baking soda into a medium mixing bowl. Add buttermilk to mixture with egg and stir until batter forms. Stir cocoa powder, sugar and banana into batter.
2 Brush or spray a medium heavy-based, non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Drop tablespoons of batter into pan 2-3cm apart and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on pikelets’ surface. Flip pikelets and cook for 1 more minute, or until lightly golden.
3 Repeat cooking process with remaining batter, transferring cooked pikelets to a plate (keep them warm in a low-temperature oven).
4 Top pikelets with a drizzle of choc-flavoured topping and banana (if using) and serve.
- Make it dairy free: Follow Dairy-free basic pikelets recipe, and omit choc-flavoured topping.
- Make it gluten free: Follow Gluten-free basic pikelets recipe and check cocoa powder and choc-flavoured topping (if using) are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.