Basil-ricotta lamb with balsamic tomatoes
(at time of publication)
- 2 lamb racks (8 cutlets on each), French-trimmed
- 100g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 100g low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 100g trusses( about 6 each) small vine-ripened tomatoes
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 200g green beans, topped, cut in half, steamed
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2 Use a small sharp knife to cut along the lamb racks, close to the bones, about 3cm deep.
3 Process the cheeses, garlic and basil in a food processor until combined. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the centre of each pocket on each lamb rack, secure with toothpicks if needed. Place the lamb in a large roasting dish. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with the pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
4 Add the tomatoes to the pan and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and half the vinegar. Roast, basting tomatoes occasionally with pan juices, for a further 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and the lamb is medium. Remove from the oven. Drizzle over the remaining vinegar, cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
5 To serve, arrange the beans and tomatoes on four plates and drizzle with the pan juices. Cut each rack of lamb in half and place on the plates.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 6.9g
Dietary fibre 2.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.