Beef and rice-stuffed courgettes
(at time of publication)
- 8 (about 16cm long) courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 100g premium beef mince
- ½ cup (uncooked) long-grain white rice, washed, drained
- 1 medium tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- large pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g can diced tomatoes with chopped onion and garlic
1 Slice courgettes in half lengthwise. Use an apple corer or a small knife to scoop out flesh, leaving a 5mm border.
2 Combine remaining ingredients except diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Fill courgette shells with beef mixture.
3 Place courgettes in a single layer in a large deep frying pan. Top each courgette with other half. Pour over tomatoes. Fill pan with cold water until courgettes are just covered. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, partially covered, for 45 minutes or until tender.
4 Divide courgettes among serving dishes. Pour over a little tomato broth.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us