Soy ginger beef with kimchi fried rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 120g beef steak (sirloin or scotch fillet), fat trimmed
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 3 stalks broccolini, sliced, or 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ x 250g pouch ready-steamed brown rice
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- ¼ cup edamame beans, thawed
- fresh chilli to serve (optional)
1 In a bowl, combine sesame oil and soy sauce. Rub over steak.
2 Heat a frying pan over high. Cook steak for 3-5 minutes until done to your liking. Set aside and keep warm.
3 Wipe out pan if needed, spray with oil and return to a medium heat. Add spring onion, ginger and broccolini and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and kimchi and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach and beans.
4 Slice beef thinly and add back to pan, along with any juices. Serve garnished with chilli, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Substitute tofu strips for beef.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose broccoli florets instead of broccolini. Only use the green tips of the spring onion. Replace kimchi with 2 tablespoons of fermented red cabbage (sauerkraut).
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us