Stir-fried beef with mushrooms, peas and broccolini
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- spray oil
- 500g lean rump steak, trimmed, sliced into thin strips
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 6 shallots, cut in 5cm batons
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut in long florets
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
1 Combine sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and lime juice in a small bowl with 1/4 cup hot water. Set aside. Spray a large non-stick wok with oil and set over a high heat. Add steak strips to wok in 2 batches and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove beef strips from wok and set aside.
2 Spray wok with oil again. Add button mushrooms to wok with ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add shallots, peas and broccolini to wok with 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked.
3 Add reserved sauces and beef to wok. Stir-fry to heat through. Divide rice among plates and top with stir-fried beef and vegetables. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce. Check sweet chilli sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like