Beef, vegetable and orange stir-fry
- 3 oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- 1/4 cup liquid salt-reduced beef stock
- 800g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 x 250g packets microwaveable brown rice, cooked
1 Grate zest of 1 orange into a bowl. Halve orange and squeeze juice into bowl. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons tamari. Add beef and toss to coat.
2 Peel the remaining oranges. Halve and cut slices in 1cm pieces. Set aside. Combine cornflour, stock and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3 Spray a large frying pan or wok with oil. Place over a high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
4 Return frying pan to a high heat. Add vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons cold water. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Return beef, any juices, stock mixture and the remaining tamari to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute or until thickened. Add oranges and spring onions. Toss to combine. Serve immediately with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
- For a spicier stir-fry, add 1 thinly sliced long red chilli.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace the beef with tofu or tempeh.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tamari soy sauce and stock, and check cornflour is gluten free.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us