Beef, vegetable and orange stir-fry
- 3 oranges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- ¼ cup liquid salt-reduced beef stock
- 800g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 x 250g packets microwaveable brown rice, cooked
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Grate zest of 1 orange into a bowl. Halve orange and squeeze juice into bowl. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons tamari. Add beef and toss to coat.
2 Peel the remaining oranges. Halve and cut slices in 1cm pieces. Set aside. Combine cornflour, stock and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl. Set aside.
3 Spray a large frying pan or wok with oil. Place over a high heat. Cook beef, in batches, until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
4 Return frying pan to a high heat. Add vegetable mixture and 2 tablespoons cold water. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Return beef, any juices, stock mixture and the remaining tamari to pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute or until thickened. Add oranges and spring onions. Toss to combine. Serve immediately with rice.
- For a spicier stir-fry, add 1 thinly sliced long red chilli.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace the beef with tofu or tempeh.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tamari soy sauce and stock, and check cornflour is gluten free.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.