Beef with broccoli and gingerReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX, plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 500g lean rump steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 ½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- ¼ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- oil spray, to grease
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 4 cups broccoli, cut in florets
- 6 spring onions, trimmed, cut in 5cm lengths
- 4 cups cooked rice, to serve
1 Place half the Chinese rice wine in a bowl with sesame oil and 1 teaspoon cornflour. Add beef and toss until evenly coated. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes. Place the remaining Chinese rice wine, extra cornflour, oyster sauce, stock and sugar in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.
2 Spray a large wok with oil and place over a high heat. Add beef in batches and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
3 Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add ginger and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes until tender but still crisp. Add spring onions and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Return beef to wok with the reserved rice wine sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve immediately with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information