Cabbage, broad bean and egg slaw
(at time of publication)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups finely sliced Tuscan kale (cavolo nero or black cabbage) or regular kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of ¼ lemon
- spray oil
- ½ small savoy cabbage, cut in wedges
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- 6 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup marinated artichokes, sliced
- 2 cups frozen broad beansfavaX, shelled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- cracked black pepper, to garnish
- 4 mini wholemeal pita pockets, to serve
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Add eggs and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and run eggs under cold water. Peel and quarter.
- In a bowl combine kale, olive oil and lemon juice. Gently massage dressing into kale. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add cabbage wedges and sear for 5 minutes, turning when golden. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover with lid and steam for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl place walnuts, radishes, artichokes, broad beans and mint. Add steamed cabbage and kale.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk mustard, horseradish, parmesan and vinegar. Whisk in grapeseed oil to emulsify. Add dressing to slaw and toss. Divide between 4 bowls, garnish with egg quarters and cracked black pepper and serve with pita pockets.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard and vinegar are gluten free, and use gluten-free wraps instead of pitas.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information