Portobellos with tofu scramble
- 500g new potatoes, cleaned
- 1 mint sprig
- 8 large flat mushrooms, wiped clean
- 6 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced thickly
- olive spray oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- ¼ cup dried pitted black olives, cut in half
- 275g tofu
- 4 eggs
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place potatoes on to boil with a little salt and mint for 12-15 minutes until cooked. Place mushrooms and vegetables in a large dish and spray with olive oil.
2 Cook vegetables on the hot grill until lightly seared and cooked. Transfer to a flat barbecue plate, drizzle over balsamic and toss to coat. Transfer to tray above the grill plate to keep warm. Toast walnuts lightly and remove.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan and add olive oil. Gently fry onion for a few minutes. Add olives and stir through for 1 more minute. Crumble in tofu by breaking up with hands over frying pan. Whisk eggs together with a fork and a little salt. Add to frying pan and cook lightly until mixture moulds together but is still soft.
4 Divide grilled vegetables among 4 plates, place mushrooms cap-side up and top with hot tofu scramble. Scatter over toasted walnuts and serve with potatoes.
To feed a crowd
- Double potatoes for up to 10 people.
- Allow 2 large flat mushrooms per person, plus 1 1/2 courgettes each.
- You will need about 2 tablespoons walnuts per person.
- Allow 1 tablespoon balsamic per 2 people.
- Give each person 1/4 onion, plus 1 tablespoon olives.
- Allow about 70g tofu for each person, plus 1 egg per person.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu is gluten free.
You can find dried and vacuum-sealed olives ‘Crespo brand’ in supermarkets.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.