(at time of publication)
- 400g beef fillet, cut in strips
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or mixed herbs
- 1 cup liquid beef stock
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 800g mashed potato
- 2 cups steamed broccoli, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Toss beef in seasoning to coat evenly. Heat a non-stick pan with oil. Cook beef until sealed.
2 Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes. Add purée, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add beans and cook for 3 more minutes.
3 Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve with mashed potato and broccoli. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Old favourite: Meat and three veg (per serve)
Ingredients: beef, mashed potato, vegetables
Total energy 2110kJ
Total fat 21g (8g saturated fat)
New favourite: Beef stroganoff (per serve)
Total energy 1670kJ
Total fat 14g (6g saturated fat)
Why it's better
- Cheaper – save $4.00
- Boredom buster
- Leaner meat and little added fat
- Takes less time – save 10 minutes
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.