Bean and pumpkin tortillasReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 5 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut in 1cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, cut in 1cm cubes
- olive spray oil
- 4 g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 25 g low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 8 light tortillas
- 4 g can, salt-reduced chopped tomatoes
- ⅓ cup grated light tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place pumpkin and capsicum on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil. Bake until tender. Transfer to a bowl and mix with beans, cottage cheese and chives.
2 Heat tortillas in microwave to soften, then place on a flat surface. Spoon 1/3 cup mixture on edge of each tortilla. Roll up and place in a shallow baking dish.
3 Pour tomatoes over centre of tortillas. Top with cheeses. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information