Chicken and broccoli lasagne
(at time of publication)
- cooking spray oil
- 550g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 3 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- Cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ¾ cups skim milk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 115g instant lasagne (4 sheets)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish with oil spray. Brown mince in a non-stick pan with a little oil spray. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
2 Add mushrooms to pan with tomatoes, seasoning and paste. Mix stock powder with 1 cup water. Add to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. If using fresh broccoli, blanch for 2-3 minutes then drain.
3 To make cheese sauce, place spread, flour and milk in a non-stick pan and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 1 minute. Add cheese. Season.
4 Spread half the chicken mince over base of lasagne dish. Add half the broccoli. Place half the lasagne on top in a single layer (do not overlap). Repeat layers.
5 Pour cheese sauce over lasagne. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve garnished with fresh basil and a green salad.
You can replace broccoli with spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.