Chicken and broccoli lasagne
- cooking spray oil
- 550g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 3 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- Cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ¾ cups skim milk
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 115g instant lasagne (4 sheets)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish with oil spray. Brown mince in a non-stick pan with a little oil spray. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
2 Add mushrooms to pan with tomatoes, seasoning and paste. Mix stock powder with 1 cup water. Add to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. If using fresh broccoli, blanch for 2-3 minutes then drain.
3 To make cheese sauce, place spread, flour and milk in a non-stick pan and bring to the boil, whisking continuously. Simmer for 1 minute. Add cheese. Season.
4 Spread half the chicken mince over base of lasagne dish. Add half the broccoli. Place half the lasagne on top in a single layer (do not overlap). Repeat layers.
5 Pour cheese sauce over lasagne. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve garnished with fresh basil and a green salad.
You can replace broccoli with spinach.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like