Beef curry with avocado
- 1 ½ tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste*
- 250g diced beef
- 230g pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 avocado, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it’s wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place curry paste and 2 tablespoons water in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute until bubbling. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes until brown. Add pumpkin, courgette and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
2 When curry is cooked, stir through lime juice and sugar.
3 Place 1/4 avocado on each plate, spoon over curry and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and green beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.