Chicken and mushroom pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750g skinless chicken thighs, cut in 2cm pieces
- cooking oil spray
- 500g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 3 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Combine onions, ginger, soy sauce, garlic and chicken in a bowl. Toss to coat.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning, until browned. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
3 Spray a little more oil into pan. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until brown. Transfer to plate with chicken.
4 Add rice, stock and sauces to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken and mushrooms and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes until rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add peas. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)